Happy summer! We’re celebrating the start of the season with our new organic baby toys – the Beach Bum collection! Featuring starfish, octopus, seahorse, and mermaid rattles (there’s also a mermaid doll for older siblings), these toys are the perfect companions for summer newborns or water-loving babies. Hand-knit in Peru by local artisans, they’re all GOTS-certified organic and made from 100% soft Peruvian cotton. The bold colors, unique shapes, and charming sounds will engage babies’ senses and keep them happily entertained. And for those looking, these summer toys make easy yet unique baby shower or newborn gifts, especially when paired with the Electrik Kidz baby gown or one of our organic baby blankets. View the whole collection here!
This season we are excited to launch our new security baby blankets! Hand-knit in Peru by local artisans who use 100% cotton, our baby loveys are super-soft, amusing, and the perfect size for little hands. What makes these security blankets even more unique is that they each feature a 3D element – shoe laces on the sneaker, stuffed wheels on the taxi, a tail that extends off the corner of the whale, and finger puppet holes on the elephant and bunnies. You’ll love watching baby’s face light up when the blankets’ magically come to life! As an added bonus, all our security blankets are also GOTS-certified organic; if baby might put it in his or her mouth, we want it to be safe. Bold, unique, and perfectly-sized, these baby soothers are as engaging as they are comforting – pair with one of our organic baby toys for a simple and unique baby gift! See them all here.
(Photography by Karilyn Sanders)
Old bamboo favorites are back, including our long sleeve romper and mittens, as well as new styles and details, like the stitched moon on our footie romper or star on the baby hat. Our entire bamboo baby collection is available in six elegant colors and features a hint of spandex, so the garments will stretch as baby grows. (For more reasons why we love bamboo for baby clothes, check out this post.)
We have also added new characters to our collection of baby rattles. In addition to the endangered animals pictured here, there are also new seaside creatures (like the starfish, mermaid, or octopus), classic rattles that are perfect for expecting parents (a rubber ducky or pacifier, for example), and Brooklyn-themed rattles for little hipsters. These infant toys are all hand-knit in Peru by local artisans using soft cotton, and because they are now GOTS-certified organic, they’re also safe and responsible choice. Plus, their bold colors, soft feel, and friendly faces will engage and delight baby, making them wonderful baby gifts – on their own or as a gift set!
(Images via Karilyn Sanders)
The Estella Bamboo Baby Collection is full of sophisticated, classic, and well-made baby clothes that can be mixed and matched with each other or whatever is already in baby’s closet. The collection includes all the essentials – romper one-pieces and gowns, girls’ dresses, baby leggings, and baby hats and mittens – and is available in six elegant colors that range from dusty blue and rose pink to classic navy and understated black. Want to know why we love bamboo so much for baby clothes? Read on…
1. Bamboo is super-soft, but it also has a luxurious texture that is comparable to silk in both appearance and feel. This makes it an ideal choice for a newborn’s sensitive and delicate skin.
2. The bamboo plant can grow quickly without the assistance of chemicals or pesticides, so producing the fabric has little impact on the environment. Since it’s an eco-friendly, renewable, and biodegradable resource, dressing your little one in bamboo is a responsible choice.
3. Unlike most synthetic fabrics, bamboo is naturally porous, super breathable, and comfortable on baby’s skin. This means…
4. It’s also thermodynamic – it absorbs moisture, wicks away sweat, and protects skin from the harmful UV rays. Baby will stay cool in hot weather and cozy during the winter.
5. The all-natural fabric is hypoallergenic, making it a safe, non-irritating option for newborn’s sensitive skin.
6. A major bonus for new parents: bamboo fabrics have antibacterial, anti-fungal, and deodorizing properties, so you won’t have to wash them as often. And when the baby does spit up, it will smell a little less.
7. Bamboo baby clothes are a practical option – they’re machine washable, wrinkle resistant, and can stand up to loads of wear and tear.
8. The pieces in the Estella Bamboo Baby Collection each have a hint of spandex and stretch with babies and they grow, thus lengthening the amount of time each item can be worn.
9. Versatility – our bamboo line is comprised of elegant pastels and classic neutrals that pair well with each other or whatever fun patterns already in your baby’s closet. They can be worn on their own, as layering pieces, or just for lounging and napping.
Winter has most definitely arrived, which means it’s time to bring out your little one’s warmest and coziest pieces. For luxurious yet practical toddler & baby clothes, be sure check out Album di Famiglia. The Northern Italian brand is known for its sophisticated designs and ultra-soft fabrics – its signature cotton blend fabric feels as soft as cashmere but is still machine-washable, making it an ideal option for the winter months. Wearable baby leggings and toddler tops can be worn over and over, girls’ dresses are as appropriate for everyday wear as they are the holiday season, and the practical baby one-pieces and rompers are perfectly soft on baby’s sensitive skin. Check out the entire Album di Famiglia collection at Estella (now on sale)!