Tips + Tricks :
By Estella Editor - POSTED Nov 4, 2014
Expecting a new addition to your family sometime soon and ready to start planning? Here are some of the baby essentials you’ll want to shop for at Estella and add to your baby registry. From must-have baby clothes that your newborn will be living in, to blankets and toys, be sure to stock up on the following:
1. One-Piece Rompers & Receiving Gowns: These are some of the most practical and versatile baby clothes for new parents. Snaps between the legs simplify diaper changes and a lap-neck or buttons down the front/back ensure that dressing your little one will be quick and seamless. Plus, the cozy silhouette and soft fabrics will keep baby comfortable and happy while lounging at home or as a first layer during winter. You’ll want to stock up on our Bamboo Layette or Nature Baby Collection for kimono-style one-pieces and long-sleeve rompers in classic colors and 100% organic fabrics. If you’re looking for something with more personality, check out Beau LOves and Bobo Choses. And for ultra-luxurious and sophisticated styles: Album di Famiglia or our Baby Knits Collection. Make sure to order a variety of different sizes!
2. Booties, Hats & Mittens: Accessories to keep little hands, heads, and feet warm. Cotton hats can be worn all year long, even in the summer, and these bamboo baby mittens prevent babies from unintentionally scratching themselves.
3. Baby Blankets: Lotus Springs blankets are some of our most popular, and for good reasons: they are soft, eco-friendly, and machine-washable. These plush blankets will be a go-to for babies and parents alike, making them a practical and versatile choice. For a special, keepsake, check out our hand-knit alpaca blankets. These blankets are made in Bolivia by a Fair Trade manufacturer and sure to be treasured from infancy through adulthood.
4. Swaddles: The Aden and Anais Swaddles have a multitude of uses beyond simply keeping baby safe while sleeping, thanks to their generous size: they can double as a stroller or nursing cover, burp cloth, play blanket, and even a portable crib sheet. Plus, these pre-washed blankets are made from muslin, a breathable cotton fabric that allows baby’s body temperature to regulate itself naturally. Versatile and all-natural, these swaddles are the perfect multi-taskers for new parents.
5. For the nursery: The crib sheets, bumpers, and changing pad covers from Flink Living are made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton and available of classic prints and elegant colors that can be mixed and matched for a complete look. Sleep sacks from Aden and Anais keep baby comfortable, safe, and snug.
6. Baby Rattles: Engage all of baby’s senses with one of these designer newborn toys. Bold colors, soft cotton, and a charming sound will both entertain and delight your baby. Unlike other mass-produced plastic or wooden baby toys on the market, these rattles are safe and feel wonderful in little hands. Plus, the humorous shapes will amuse parents.
7. Keepsakes: Don’t we all have those special toys or accessories that have stayed with us since we were a newborn? Baby keepsakes will be treasured from day one all the way through adulthood. Whether it’s an engraved sterling silver rattle or accessory from Salisbury or Areaware, a hand-made Jess Brown doll, or piece of nursery decor from Boramiri, these toys and accessories are one-of-a-kind items that will remain with baby and become even more special as he or she grows up.
Tags Areaware, Baby & Nursery Decor, Baby Blankets, Baby Booties & Shoes, Baby Hats, Baby One-Pieces & Rompers, Baby Rattles, Baby Swaddlers, Bamboo Baby Clothes, Designer Baby Clothes, Estella Hand-Knit Rattles & Toys, Harmony Ball Company, Jess Brown Dolls, Organic Baby Clothing, Soft Baby Toys
Category Areaware, Baby & Nursery Decor, Baby Blankets, Baby Booties & Shoes, Baby Hats, Baby One-Pieces & Rompers, Baby Rattles, Baby Swaddlers, Bamboo Baby Clothes, Designer Baby Clothes, Estella Hand-Knit Rattles & Toys, Harmony Ball Company, Jess Brown Dolls, Organic Baby Clothing, Soft Baby Toys
Just In :
By Estella Editor - POSTED Jun 9, 2014
Just in from Atsuyo et Akiko: these hand-made dolls, created in collaboration with Jess Brown! Just like all of Jess Brown dolls, these elegant keepsakes are crafted by hand out of tea-dyed cotton muslin and linen and make wonderful baby gifts that will be treasured for years to come. Best of all, these rag dolls are outfitted with their own Atsuyo et Akiko Girls Tutu, so she and your daughter can match as they play! Shop here.
Tags Atsuyo Et Akiko, Girls' Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Jess Brown Dolls, Soft Dolls
Category Atsuyo Et Akiko, Girls' Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Jess Brown Dolls, Soft Dolls
Accessories Spotlight :
By Estella Editor - POSTED Apr 7, 2014
Meet your daughter’s new best friend! Based out of Northern California, Jess Brown dolls are truly unique treasures and it is easy to understand why. Lovingly crafted using recycled muslin and linen, antique buttons, and a sustainable corn fiber stuffing, these dolls are an example of recycling at its most elegant and sophisticated. “There is something truly beautiful about a threadbare, worn, and well loved doll that has been created with the finest materials.” Each doll is cut to order and hand dyed in Persian black teas, meaning that the final result is a one-of-a-kind work of art. Appreciated by kids and adults alike, these dolls spark creativity, encourage imaginative play, and are sure to become one of your daughter’s most loved keepsakes. They make great gifts, too! View the entire collection here.
P.S. If you’re interested, here’s a beautiful video on Jess Brown’s doll-making process.
Tags Girls' Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Jess Brown Dolls
Category Girls' Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Jess Brown Dolls
Accessory Spotlight :
By Estella Editor - POSTED Jul 8, 2013
How beautiful are these handcrafted dolls by Jess Brown, Celine NYC, Maileg, and Apolline? From their luxe materials and fabrics to the whimsical colors and patterns, these magical dolls surely make for uniquely wonderful and special companions for young girls.
1. Maileg Ballerina Bunny 2. Jess Brown Doll 3. Celine’s Dolls 4. Maileg Knit Princess Doll 5. Apolline a Paris Doll 6. Jess Brown Doll
Tags Girls' Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Jess Brown Dolls, Soft Baby Toys
Category Girls' Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Jess Brown Dolls, Soft Baby Toys
By Estella Editor - POSTED Apr 7, 2010
Her name was Maggie and she was your very best friend. Maggie and you were inseparable in only the way best friends can be. You did everything together from that long road trip with the family to see your grandmother in Bakersfield to that scary afternoon when you had to get stitches on your finger in the emergency room. All was magical until that one terrible day, after spending the afternoon in the zoo she disappeared and was lost. Your most favorite doll – the one your mother made for you out of the blanket you used to sleep with – was missing amidst the lions and tigers and bears. Oh my!
Eventually you got over it, but you never forgot Maggie. Years later, you became a mother and wanted to get your little girl her own special “Maggie.” In your heart, you knew Maggie would be a difficult act to follow but you were proven wrong when you happened upon our gorgeous collection of handmade Jess Brown dolls.
Here was Maggie reincarnated, only better. Each Jess Brown doll is lovingly crafted and put together using amazing antique fabric remnants, trims and buttons — an example of recycling and repurposing at its most beautiful. The doll features a quirky smirk inviting your child to play and enter a world of imagination and special times shared with their new best friend.
So Maggie, you’ll always be fondly remembered but there’s a new doll in town. Unique and special, just like her new best friend.
Tags Girls' Dolls, Girls' Gifts, Jess Brown Dolls
Category Girls' Dolls, Girls' Gifts, Jess Brown Dolls