Just In :
By Estella Editor - POSTED Aug 4, 2014
Here are some more pictures from the photo shoot we did last month for our hand-knit superhero dolls (you can see part 1 here)! Pictured here are Red, Trixie, Flash, & Seymour. Made by hand in Peru by local artists, these soft, 100% cotton dolls are bursting with character. They don’t fit the typical mold for ‘perfection,’ but celebrate their unique quirks & personality traits that kids everywhere can certainly relate to. They are meant to encourage being comfortable in your own skin and loving what makes you different. A wonderful alternative to the mass produced dolls out there, these knit dolls are also great option for those in the market for designer baby gifts.
P.S. See part 1 here, which includes bios on each of the soft dolls.
Stylist: Alex Evjen
Tags Hand-Knit Toys, Handmade Dolls, Kids' Accessories & Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Soft Dolls
Photographer: Kym Ventola
Category Hand-Knit Toys, Handmade Dolls, Kids' Accessories & Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Soft Dolls
By Estella Editor - POSTED Jul 9, 2014
To celebrate the launch of our new collection of hand-knit dolls, we are holding a contest throughout the month of July: the Estella Super Kids Picture Contest! The Estella dolls are adventurous, fun loving, and quirky superstars who are not afraid the love what makes them different – no matter what life throws at them. They are bursting with personality and full of character & quirks that kids everywhere can identify with. So, in honor of these dolls, we want to see pictures of how your kids display their own individual spirit.
Here’s how it works:
1. Take a picture of your kid while they are playing outside, getting into mischief, wearing their favorite costume, or otherwise showing off their playful & super selves.
2. Upload the pictures directly to our site or on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #EstellaSuperKids.
3. Vote for your kids on our contest page & share the contest so that your friends and family can vote for their favorites.
4. The contest closes on July 31st. The winner will be democratically elected, so sharing the contest and encouraging friends and family to vote is encouraged!
The winner will receive the superhero doll of his or her choice and be featured on our site! More details here.
P.S. Enter with your e-mail address & receive a 15% off coupon!
Tags Girls' Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Kids' Accessories & Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Soft Dolls
Category Girls' Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Kids' Accessories & Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Soft Dolls
Estella Picks :
By Estella Editor - POSTED Sep 4, 2013
Hazel Village’s talented founder Jane Van Cleef creates handcrafted dolls and animals that make for wonderful companions and beautiful gifts. Founded in Brooklyn in 2010, each animal is hand stitched using 100% organic fleece cotton and hypoallergenic polyfill stuffing, so they are soft and safe for babies. And, because they are all the same size, the animal’s wardrobe choices are endless, too! To check out Van Cleef’s complete collection of animals (and to learn more about her custom options), head on over to the Hazel Village website.
Tags Girls' Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Kids' Accessories & Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Stuffed Animals
Category Girls' Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Kids' Accessories & Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Stuffed Animals
Valentine’s Day Stuffed Animals :
By Admin - POSTED Feb 7, 2011
Choosing the cutest Valentine’s Day stuffed animal to get your kid is like picking which of your kids is the cutest, so we’re going to be good parents and bite our tongues. Instead, we’ll show you all our Jellycat babies (whom we love equally) and let you rank them yourself. Hopefully it won’t get back to them! We wouldn’t want any of these cute creatures to be jealous!
- Jellycat Junglie Zebra: Stripes are so in style right now. Especially if you’re the trendy Zebra, who only wears black and white.
- Jellycat Junglie Lion: You’d think the King of the Jungle is a threatening fella, but this is one friendly lion! He loves to laugh and play, especially with Giraffe.
- Jellycat Bashful Bunny: Bashful Bunny just needs to be brought out of his shell. He may be shy, but he’s super fun to talk to!
- Jellycat Junglie Monkey: Silly, loveable Monkey loves to laugh, jump, and hug babies. He also loves Valentine’s Day candy.
- Jellycat Bunglie Black Kitty: If this Kitty runs across your path, it’s good luck. She loves to tell fortunes, and the future is always bright!
- Jellycat Spotty Giraffe: Giraffe is always super helpful when it comes to tasks like reaching the highest shelf to get to the cookie jar. Giraffe and Lion are best friends because they’re both fun and feisty!
- Jellycat Striped Kitty: Black Kitty’s cousin, Striped Kitty loves to be petted and purr in your lap.