Just In :
POSTED Jul 14, 2014
A few weeks ago, we had a photo shoot for our new collection of superhero knit dolls! How great do Seymour, Red, and Kat look playing with Seth, Madeleine, and Claire? And then there’s Flash, getting into trouble in the trees…
A little bit more about the dolls, if you’re curious: Hand-knit in Peru by local artisans, these characters were created to inspire self-expression, acceptance, and love. These toys for girls & boys are full of personality and, most importantly, possess various traits that most toys do not usually celebrate but kids everywhere can identify with and relate to. They don’t fit the typical mold for ‘perfection’ but have so much spirit and joy that they are superstars on their own. Plus, they are a wonderful option for those in the market for unique designer baby gifts!
Seymour - Seymour isn’t the strongest guy on the block, but that doesn’t stop him from trying to save the day. Well-meaning and brave, though sometimes a bit clumsy, this selfless superhero loves adventure, dares to go where no one else will, and is ready to help others out at a moment’s notice.
Red - Don’t be fooled by Red’s sweet & defenseless appearance. A modern-day Little Red Riding Hood, she is tough, street-smart, and no pushover. She may be delivering goodies to granny but she certainly won’t fall for anyone’s tricks. Steer clear, Mr. Fox!
Kat - Kat loves sports and is ready for any game – the rougher the better. This athletic girl (she hates the word “tomboy”) is super talented and tends to disappoint the boys when she beats them. She proudly wears her thick black glasses, tube socks, and favorite purple number 22 jersey. Kat’s got game is ready to play.
Flash - Blessed with quick feet and a zest for life, Flash is still recovering from a small speeding accident and wears an eye patch on the advice of his doctors. What he lacks in vision though, he makes up for in spirit – he loves adventure and seeks out any opportunity to zip like the hero that he is.
Trixie (not pictured) - Trixie is a feisty trailblazer with confidence to spare. She wears a mask to add a touch of mystique to her image, sports high uneven socks – she likes them this way and doesn’t care what others say – and accentuates her asymmetrical ears with a pink bow.
Stay tuned for more pictures, coming soon!
Stylist: Alex Evjen
Tags Girls Dolls, Hand-Knit Toys, Handmade Dolls, Kids Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Soft Dolls
Photographer: Kym Ventola
Category Girls Dolls, Hand-Knit Toys, Handmade Dolls, Kids Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Soft Dolls
POSTED Jul 9, 2014
To celebrate the launch of our new collection of hand-knit dolls, we are holding a contest throughout the month of July: the Estella Super Kids Picture Contest! The Estella dolls are adventurous, fun loving, and quirky superstars who are not afraid the love what makes them different – no matter what life throws at them. They are bursting with personality and full of character & quirks that kids everywhere can identify with. So, in honor of these dolls, we want to see pictures of how your kids display their own individual spirit.
Here’s how it works:
1. Take a picture of your kid while they are playing outside, getting into mischief, wearing their favorite costume, or otherwise showing off their playful & super selves.
2. Upload the pictures directly to our site or on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #EstellaSuperKids.
3. Vote for your kids on our contest page & share the contest so that your friends and family can vote for their favorites.
4. The contest closes on July 31st. The winner will be democratically elected, so sharing the contest and encouraging friends and family to vote is encouraged!
The winner will receive the superhero doll of his or her choice and be featured on our site! More details here.
P.S. Enter with your e-mail address & receive a 15% off coupon!
Tags Girls Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Kids Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Soft Dolls
Category Girls Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Kids Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Soft Dolls
Estella Picks :
POSTED Sep 4, 2013
Hazel Village’s talented founder Jane Van Cleef creates handcrafted dolls and animals that make for wonderful companions and beautiful gifts. Founded in Brooklyn in 2010, each animal is hand stitched using 100% organic fleece cotton and hypoallergenic polyfill stuffing, so they are soft and safe for babies. And, because they are all the same size, the animal’s wardrobe choices are endless, too! To check out Van Cleef’s complete collection of animals (and to learn more about her custom options), head on over to the Hazel Village website.
Tags Girls Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Kids Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Stuffed Animals, Toy Safety
Category Girls Dolls, Handmade Dolls, Kids Toys, Soft Baby Toys, Stuffed Animals, Toy Safety
Valentine’s Day Stuffed Animals :
POSTED Feb 7, 2011
Choosing the cutest Valentine’s Day stuffed animal to get your kid is like picking which of your kids is the cutest, so we’re going to be good parents and bite our tongues. Instead, we’ll show you all our Jellycat babies (whom we love equally) and let you rank them yourself. Hopefully it won’t get back to them! We wouldn’t want any of these cute creatures to be jealous!
- Jellycat Junglie Zebra: Stripes are so in style right now. Especially if you’re the trendy Zebra, who only wears black and white.
- Jellycat Junglie Lion: You’d think the King of the Jungle is a threatening fella, but this is one friendly lion! He loves to laugh and play, especially with Giraffe.
- Jellycat Bashful Bunny: Bashful Bunny just needs to be brought out of his shell. He may be shy, but he’s super fun to talk to!
- Jellycat Junglie Monkey: Silly, loveable Monkey loves to laugh, jump, and hug babies. He also loves Valentine’s Day candy.
- Jellycat Bunglie Black Kitty: If this Kitty runs across your path, it’s good luck. She loves to tell fortunes, and the future is always bright!
- Jellycat Spotty Giraffe: Giraffe is always super helpful when it comes to tasks like reaching the highest shelf to get to the cookie jar. Giraffe and Lion are best friends because they’re both fun and feisty!
- Jellycat Striped Kitty: Black Kitty’s cousin, Striped Kitty loves to be petted and purr in your lap.
Tags Baby Accessories & Toys, Baby Gifts, Estella NYC, Estella Organic Cotton Collection, Jellycat Toys, Kids Toys, Stuffed Animals, Toys, Valentines Day Gifts
Category Baby Accessories & Toys, Baby Gifts, Estella NYC, Estella Organic Cotton Collection, Jellycat Toys, Kids Toys, Stuffed Animals, Toys, Valentines Day Gifts