Just in for Spring 2015 :
By Estella Editor - POSTED Apr 7, 2015
Our new organic baby toys and bamboo baby clothes have arrived for spring 2015! Here are a few images of our new products, shot by NYC-based newborn and baby photographer Karilyn Sanders…
Old bamboo favorites are back, including our long sleeve romper and mittens, as well as new styles and details, like the stitched moon on our footie romper or star on the baby hat. Our entire bamboo baby collection is available in six elegant colors and features a hint of spandex, so the garments will stretch as baby grows. (For more reasons why we love bamboo for baby clothes, check out this post.)
We have also added new characters to our collection of baby rattles. In addition to the endangered animals pictured here, there are also new seaside creatures (like the starfish, mermaid, or octopus), classic rattles that are perfect for expecting parents (a rubber ducky or pacifier, for example), and Brooklyn-themed rattles for little hipsters. These infant toys are all hand-knit in Peru by local artisans using soft cotton, and because they are now GOTS-certified organic, they’re also safe and responsible choice. Plus, their bold colors, soft feel, and friendly faces will engage and delight baby, making them wonderful baby gifts - on their own or as a gift set!
(Images via Karilyn Sanders)
Tags Baby Rattles, Bamboo Baby Clothes, Eco-Friendly Toys, Estella Hand-Knit Rattles & Toys, Hand-Knit Toys, Soft Baby Toys
Category Baby Rattles, Bamboo Baby Clothes, Eco-Friendly Toys, Estella Hand-Knit Rattles & Toys, Hand-Knit Toys, Soft Baby Toys
Tips + Tricks :
By Estella Editor - POSTED Feb 23, 2015
The Estella Bamboo Baby Collection is full of sophisticated, classic, and well-made baby clothes that can be mixed and matched with each other or whatever is already in baby’s closet. The collection includes all the essentials – romper one-pieces and gowns, girls’ dresses, baby leggings, and baby hats and mittens – and is available in six elegant colors that range from dusty blue and rose pink to classic navy and understated black. Want to know why we love bamboo so much for baby clothes? Read on…
1. Bamboo is super-soft, but it also has a luxurious texture that is comparable to silk in both appearance and feel. This makes it an ideal choice for a newborn’s sensitive and delicate skin.
2. The bamboo plant can grow quickly without the assistance of chemicals or pesticides, so producing the fabric has little impact on the environment. Since it’s an eco-friendly, renewable, and biodegradable resource, dressing your little one in bamboo is a responsible choice.
3. Unlike most synthetic fabrics, bamboo is naturally porous, super breathable, and comfortable on baby’s skin. This means…
4. It’s also thermodynamic – it absorbs moisture, wicks away sweat, and protects skin from the harmful UV rays. Baby will stay cool in hot weather and cozy during the winter.
5. The all-natural fabric is hypoallergenic, making it a safe, non-irritating option for newborn’s sensitive skin.
6. A major bonus for new parents: bamboo fabrics have antibacterial, anti-fungal, and deodorizing properties, so you won’t have to wash them as often. And when the baby does spit up, it will smell a little less.
7. Bamboo baby clothes are a practical option – they’re machine washable, wrinkle resistant, and can stand up to loads of wear and tear.
8. The pieces in the Estella Bamboo Baby Collection each have a hint of spandex and stretch with babies and they grow, thus lengthening the amount of time each item can be worn.
9. Versatility – our bamboo line is comprised of elegant pastels and classic neutrals that pair well with each other or whatever fun patterns already in your baby’s closet. They can be worn on their own, as layering pieces, or just for lounging and napping.
10. You can now pre-order our popular bamboo baby clothes, including a new footie romper with a subtle moon graphic… All coming April 2015!
Tags baby, Baby One-Pieces & Rompers, Bamboo Baby Clothes, Designer Baby Clothes, Eco-Friendly Baby Clothing
Category baby, Baby One-Pieces & Rompers, Bamboo Baby Clothes, Designer Baby Clothes, Eco-Friendly Baby Clothing
Tips + Tricks :
By Estella Editor - POSTED Nov 4, 2014
Expecting a new addition to your family sometime soon and ready to start planning? Here are some of the baby essentials you’ll want to shop for at Estella and add to your baby registry. From must-have baby clothes that your newborn will be living in, to blankets and toys, be sure to stock up on the following:
1. One-Piece Rompers & Receiving Gowns: These are some of the most practical and versatile baby clothes for new parents. Snaps between the legs simplify diaper changes and a lap-neck or buttons down the front/back ensure that dressing your little one will be quick and seamless. Plus, the cozy silhouette and soft fabrics will keep baby comfortable and happy while lounging at home or as a first layer during winter. You’ll want to stock up on our Bamboo Layette or Nature Baby Collection for kimono-style one-pieces and long-sleeve rompers in classic colors and 100% organic fabrics. If you’re looking for something with more personality, check out Beau LOves and Bobo Choses. And for ultra-luxurious and sophisticated styles: Album di Famiglia or our Baby Knits Collection. Make sure to order a variety of different sizes!
2. Booties, Hats & Mittens: Accessories to keep little hands, heads, and feet warm. Cotton hats can be worn all year long, even in the summer, and these bamboo baby mittens prevent babies from unintentionally scratching themselves.
3. Baby Blankets: Lotus Springs blankets are some of our most popular, and for good reasons: they are soft, eco-friendly, and machine-washable. These plush blankets will be a go-to for babies and parents alike, making them a practical and versatile choice. For a special, keepsake, check out our hand-knit alpaca blankets. These blankets are made in Bolivia by a Fair Trade manufacturer and sure to be treasured from infancy through adulthood.
4. Swaddles: The Aden and Anais Swaddles have a multitude of uses beyond simply keeping baby safe while sleeping, thanks to their generous size: they can double as a stroller or nursing cover, burp cloth, play blanket, and even a portable crib sheet. Plus, these pre-washed blankets are made from muslin, a breathable cotton fabric that allows baby’s body temperature to regulate itself naturally. Versatile and all-natural, these swaddles are the perfect multi-taskers for new parents.
5. For the nursery: The crib sheets, bumpers, and changing pad covers from Flink Living are made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton and available of classic prints and elegant colors that can be mixed and matched for a complete look. Sleep sacks from Aden and Anais keep baby comfortable, safe, and snug.
6. Baby Rattles: Engage all of baby’s senses with one of these designer newborn toys. Bold colors, soft cotton, and a charming sound will both entertain and delight your baby. Unlike other mass-produced plastic or wooden baby toys on the market, these rattles are safe and feel wonderful in little hands. Plus, the humorous shapes will amuse parents.
7. Keepsakes: Don’t we all have those special toys or accessories that have stayed with us since we were a newborn? Baby keepsakes will be treasured from day one all the way through adulthood. Whether it’s an engraved sterling silver rattle or accessory from Salisbury or Areaware, a hand-made Jess Brown doll, or piece of nursery decor from Boramiri, these toys and accessories are one-of-a-kind items that will remain with baby and become even more special as he or she grows up.
Tags Areaware, Baby & Nursery Decor, Baby Blankets, Baby Booties & Shoes, Baby Hats, Baby One-Pieces & Rompers, Baby Rattles, Baby Swaddlers, Bamboo Baby Clothes, Designer Baby Clothes, Estella Hand-Knit Rattles & Toys, Harmony Ball Company, Jess Brown Dolls, Organic Baby Clothing, Soft Baby Toys
Category Areaware, Baby & Nursery Decor, Baby Blankets, Baby Booties & Shoes, Baby Hats, Baby One-Pieces & Rompers, Baby Rattles, Baby Swaddlers, Bamboo Baby Clothes, Designer Baby Clothes, Estella Hand-Knit Rattles & Toys, Harmony Ball Company, Jess Brown Dolls, Organic Baby Clothing, Soft Baby Toys
Gift With Purchase :
By Estella Editor - POSTED Jan 4, 2014
From now through the end of January, enjoy a free hand-knit rattle when you purchase any Estella Organic Bamboo Romper or Gown! Made from 94% bamboo and 6% spandex, our rompers and receiving gowns are silky soft, comfortable, and super practical for new moms. And, because bamboo is a breathable fabric, this gown will keep baby warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Pair with any one of our fun hand-knit rattles to complete the set! Shop here.
Tags Bamboo Baby Clothes, Estella Hand-Knit Rattles & Toys
Category Bamboo Baby Clothes, Estella Hand-Knit Rattles & Toys
Mommy Interview :
By Estella Editor - POSTED Mar 4, 2011
Jenn Falik shows off her baby bump and shares her maternity styling tips on her blog
Jenn Falik is a blogger, style & beauty expert, and mommy who’s shared her tips on shows like The View, The Today Show, Rachael Ray, E! News, and Tyra Banks. And now, with new baby Alexa (see our adorable Baby Picture post on her!) in her life, there’s never a dull moment! Here, she dishes about Alexa’s surprise birth, the “pink princess epidemic,” and why everyone should have The Nuddle.
Tags Baby Hats, Bamboo Baby Clothes, Eco-Friendly Kids' Clothing, Hypoallergenic Clothes, Made In The USA, Mom Styling Tips, Organic Baby Clothing
Category Baby Hats, Bamboo Baby Clothes, Eco-Friendly Kids' Clothing, Hypoallergenic Clothes, Made In The USA, Mom Styling Tips, Organic Baby Clothing